Club 18+ is a dedicated after-school/college club for young adults in transition from Children’s to Adult services. The Club currently operates from The New Opportunity Centre . It begins at 3:30pm and continues through to 7:00pm each evening.
A dedicated team of young support workers and volunteers work hard to ensure that the various activities provide learning opportunities but in a relaxed and informal environment.
The Club seeks to provide a safe and stimulating environment for young adults to learn and socialise in an informal but supported and safe environment and to support them to:
- Engage in fun and age-appropriate activities at our regular venues and in the community
- Actively engage in customs and practices reflecting cultural and religious preferences and to seek to understand the wide variety of ethnic groups represented in Enfield
- Bridge the gap between being a child and an adult in a non-threatening way
- Pursue interests that develop their physical, emotional and cultural inclusion
- Build friendships and promote equality and inclusion
- Feel empowered to exercise their “voice” in the community
- Identify opportunities to become actively involved in the wider community, including supported volunteering
- Provide support and friendship to those moving into supported living in the Borough for the first time
- Through contacts with local schools and colleges build peer-based circles of support that will provide friendship and integration into adult life.
Leisure-based activities include:
- Sport and games activities
- Cooking, including healthy diet and culturally appropriate options
- Textiles and handicraft
- Engagement with natural history including access to Forty Hall and gardens both at The New Opportunity Centre and the Community Orchard, Broomfield Park
- Dedicated ladies’ and men’s lifestyle groups including some supported sessions addressing aspects of relationships and sexuality
- Music, drama and dance
- Film Club and Karaoke
All service users attending Club 18+ have a nominated keyworker who works in close relationship with their dedicated transition worker.